Our strategy suffered no losses at all in 2018 as we were comfortably in cash.
The strategy is just suspended for now but when new products become available we will revisit and look to continue as usual
Volatility ETN Strategy
ETPs: SVXY / Cash / VXX
VTS Family of 3 Volatility Strategies
* Includes all trade fees (10$ per trade) and adjusted for dividends where applicable.
* Simulated performance on a hypothetical 25,000$ account.
* An average of AutoTrading fill prices will be used where applicable.
* No leverage is ever used and margin is not required.
Full statistics from December 2010 through January 2018
Remember there are traders out there that for whatever reason are posting results going back further than December 2010. The XIV didn’t exist before then, so no results should ever be posted based on a simulated backtest of a product that didn’t exist. CLICK HERE and CLICK HERE to learn more
CLICK HERE to see the full trade history from 2011 to present.
VTS Tactical Volatility Strategy – Long-term trade allocations: 40% in trades / 60% in cash
* VTS Tactical Volatility does not trade during extremely low levels of volatility, which is the reason for the flat performance in 2017. The strategy only took 10 trading days of 251 in 2017. If you prefer more activity, perhaps the VTS Aggressive Vol Strategy would be more suitable.
In recent years professional traders have turned to exciting new exchange traded products such as XIV and VXX in an attempt to turn market volatility into a tradable asset class. While short-term results have at times been impressive, the lack of risk management has led to very large portfolio drawdowns during market declines and weak long-term returns.
Our VTS Tactical Volatility Strategy is unique as we focus primarily on mitigating risk and have developed dynamic indicators that successfully reduce losses to the least possible amount.
We understand the secret to long-term success isn’t making big gains when the markets cooperate. The real secret is not giving it back when they don’t.
Investing is not a sprint, it’s a marathon.
Start your FREE 2 Week Trial Now
Gain full access to all 4 of our successful trading strategies for a full two weeks, absolutely free.
It's time to start growing your retirement fund
Got a question? Ask me anything